Proverbs 2
This chapter basically describes the benefits of accepting the Lord's words of wisdom and the consequences of rejecting his words.
1-5
My son, if you accept my words..then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.
-So the fear of the Lord that I seeked was just a couple verses away. I'm starting to get curious about how this quiet time with God will turn out.
7-8
7-8
He holds victory in store for the upright, he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless, for he guards the course of the just and protects the way of his faithful ones.
-So I find this very disheartening because all this time I thought that I have been putting my faith in God but I wasn't putting my faith in God, I basically was just using him. He has continued to do so much but all I have been doing was just sitting back and chilling. It's time that I pick myself up and truly put my faith in God. This entire time he was doing his part and I wasn't doing mine.
12-19
Wisdom will save you from the ways of wicked men, from men whose words are perverse...It will save you also from the adulteress....None who go to her return or attain the paths of life.
-I must say that there is a lot more meaning to the word wisdom than I had thought. I feel like this time of reading the scripture is actually turning my view of life in different perspectives and I feel a different kind of knowledge being made in me. But back to the verse, I feel like this passage relates a lot to me and it makes me sad to think of the direction that I was headed.
Prayer
-Dear God, First and foremost I thank you for the continuing support you have given me. It has allowed me to reach day 2 with you. I pray for your continuing support. I cry out for understanding and insight so that I may continue to grow in my faith . No matter where I may end up in the future I know that you will continue to protect and keep me upright as long as I put my true faith in you. Please continue to provide in me your wisdom so that I may avoid the ways of the wicked and walk in the ways of the faithful and righteous. -amen
amen.
ReplyDelete