Proverbs 3
This chapter describes the further benefits of wisdom
3
Let love and faithfulness never leave you: bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.
-Listening to this I realized that I have to be a more loveable person. I may receive love from others but it's rare that I would give or show love back. To much receiving and not many giving.
5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all yours ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
-There are so many times that I trust my understandings over God's. Actually, all the time. Where I am right now just shows that I have been trusting the wrong.
9
Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops;
-My family always used to teach me(still do) to give 15% or so of my earnings in a week to God. I haven't ever kept up with those teachings and I always ignored it. It just shows the lack of knowledge and maturity that I had. Crazy how at times when I don't have money I would still give to my friends but never to God. So many things I lack.
13-18
Blessed is the man who finds wisdom, the man who gains understanding,...those who lay hold of her will be blessed.
-These verses were a little complicating. I get the feeling that he is trying to say find a wise and understanding woman that is a servant of God? Maybe not..
21-24
My son, preserve sound judgement and discernment,...they will be life for you,...when you life down, your sleep will be sweet.
-More verses I didn't get but it seems like the Lord is telling me to make the right judgments.
Prayer
-Dear God, I come to you as a sinner that has already made so many mistakes in one day and yet you still give me your love that strengthens me. I pray that you may just open up my heart so that I may show more love to the people that have given me so much. And yet even as I feel like I have done so much for others, I cannot recall a single thing I have ever done for you. It is you that should be getting all the glory and love. Please give me the will to change my old ways to new beginnings, new beginnings that will show love, faith, and compassion to the people around me but most importantly to you. -amen
No comments:
Post a Comment