Proverbs 4
This passage talks about the superiority of wisdom. It also talks about the good and evil.
6-7
Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her, and she will watch over you. Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding.
-I am still in the trying to understand wisdom. What does it mean to have wisdom? Knowledge? What does it mean to have knowledge? How does one know that their own knowledge is right? The only place I feel like I can get true wisdom and knowledge is from the bible. But how do you get wisdom? By reading the bible? Yea I'm going in circles.
10-11
Listen, my son, accept what I say, and the years of your life will be many. I guide you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths.
-So this verse just answered my question for above. Haha
13-17
Hold on to instruction, do not let it go;...Do not set foot on the path of the wicked...They eat the bread of wickedness and drink the wine of violence.
-So for me it's always a struggle to hold onto the instructions taught in the bible. I'm always caught between the good and bad paths.
20-23
My son, pay attention to what I say...guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.
-I want to be able to feel that life he is talking about and the health of the body. I just struggle with temptation. Temptation is a strong p.o.s. that always gets the best of me. I feel mentally weak.
24-27
Put away perversity from your mouth...Do not swerve to the right or the left; keep your foot from evil.
-Man. This is probably the toughest one. I feel like I struggle with this the most and it's the corrupt talking and attitude. It has stuck with me so long that its become a habit that at times I don't even realize half the stuff that's being said.
Prayer
-Dear God, I just thank you for giving me strength. Strength is something that I needed most so far this week. There were so many new things that I have started that it all has been wearing me out. The only reason why I continue to persevere is because of your support God. I thank you so much for that. I have got the feeling that the path to gaining wisdom is staying true to you and following your instructions. This is something I struggle with so much. Please drive out these temptations that are causing so much problems in me. And I just pray that you may just block the negative paths that delay me from moving forward towards the right path. I thank you for the perseverence and I pray that your words will continue to soak in me and that it will change my heart of apathy and hate to a heart of desire and love. -amen
The way I've heard it said is, knowledge is knowing something; while wisdom is knowing how to use that knowledge.
ReplyDeleteAlso try reading James 1:12-17 :)
ReplyDelete